Monday, January 23, 2012

ChinaTown Express (DC Chinatown)

Fresh noodles. So I'm a sucker for any place that is making something on site like noodles, pasta or even dough fresh/handmade. A colleague suggested this place, as I was craving noodles. The DC area seriously lacks for a good noodle place. This may not be the place, but it wasn't bad.

We ordered noodles (L = noodle soup; friend = fried noodles). Also, we got the steamed pork buns, which were okay. I prefer fried dumplings but whatever. I wouldn't order them but I wouldn't not eat them either.

The noodle soup:  Noodles were thick, which was a little surprising. They were slight overdone, too, but I prefer overdoneness on thicker noodles, so this wasn't an issue.  What was an issue was the bland flavor of the soup. This isn't anything to write home about, but at the same time, the noodles themselves were good enough that I'd come back if I had a craving or someone wanted to come here.

The fried noodles: He said, "The noodles were good; not great."

Cost
$-$$

Cleanliness
Didn't really pay attention and not sure I want to.

Service
Servicable.

Pluses 
Price
Fresh noodles

Minuses
It's overall just an average experience

Overall value
Not bad. Again, would come back in a pinch or if someone else wanted to go. It's not terrible, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment